Information on several UK Universities
PDF Print E-mail
Written by Administrator   
Monday, 19 April 2010 07:25

The following Universities offer Foundation and some Pre-Masters courses, for entry into Degree courses and Masters/MsC courses etc. These courses, especially the 'Foundation' are used by foreign (International) students to get into some Universities in the UK because they normally do not have the required A-levels etc and the Foundation courses can be used to get into most types of degree courses except for some Medical and other specialist degrees. More information is in our Types of Courses Menu.


Heriot Watt (Scotland)



Kingston (London)



Liverpool John Moores

Stirling (Scotland)


and several Universities in Wales


Foundation Courses (Undergraduate Certificate)

The Foundation courses are normally One year (3 term) courses, and cost around 9000 pounds.

Entry requirements for these vary between different Universities

For Foundation courses; Usually an IELTS score of at least 5.0 is needed, but 4.5 or even 4.0 is accepted sometimes if an extra English course is done (costing about 3000 pounds). You also need good High school grades (good GPA). Universities will accept eg. M6 instead of the required GCSEs.

Degree courses (BA, BSc) offered include,

Economics, Business, Law, Computing Science, Engineering, Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Psychology etc.


Masters courses (MBA, MSc) include,

Business etc (MBA), Marketing, Law, Transport, IT, Project Management etc.

Entry requirements for these vary between different Universities

The pre-Masters courses are usually 2 or 3 terms, but some are only one term. They normally cost around 10000 pounds, with the special one term Course being about 5000 pounds. For Pre-Masters courses; You need a good Honours Degree (good GPA, usually at least 3, but 2.5 or even 2.3 is sometimes accepted). Usually an IELTS score of at least 5.5 or 5.0 is needed, but even 4.5 is accepted sometimes if an extra English course is done (costing about 3000 pounds).



The typical accommodation costs for University Accommodation residences is around 100 pounds per week. This varies between Universities, locations and for different facilities of course. You should calculate about 40 weeks for an academic 'Year', assuming you will live in the accommodation for 3 terms. Therefore the cost will be around 4000 for the University Accommodation. Normally Heating and Electricity costs are included and the University Accommodation is self-catering.

You can get more information about these Universities and the Courses if you contact us- you can use the 'Contact us' above, or look on the internet for details.

Last Updated on Friday, 23 April 2010 16:12